I hope you are all safe and well in this strange and unprecedented time. This is an uncertain, worrying period for us all and now more than ever we will continue to work together and try and navigate our way through it.
Teachers provided you with a proposed schedule of work last Thursday and hopefully this has helped to provide some sense of routine and normality for your child.
Next Friday, March 27th, teachers will email you a proposed schedule of work for the week commencing March 30th. We are very conscious of the ever changing circumstances for families and the different working arrangements you now find yourselves in at home, therefore we want to support you and not add to levels of stress for your family. Most importantly we do not want parents and pupils to feel added pressure to complete the list of suggested activities. We are very aware that people have varied levels of access to the internet and internet devices, particularly as new work arrangements are in place for many people.
We will aim to provide activities that are conducive to independent work and balanced in terms of textbook/online use.
In the meantime, here is a list of suitable online resources you may wish to use.
- www.twinkl.ie/offers and then enter the code IRLTWINKLHELPS to access a wide range of activities to keep your child busy. FREE
- www.scoilnet.ie Click on Scoilnet Home access on the landing page and scroll down to World Book Online where pupils can access a range of books, videos, informative texts etc. This is FREE
- www.oxfordowl.co.uk FREE ebooks for children ages 3 – 12
- www.seomraranga.com A FREE quiz each day that your children can work on together and can be in with a chance to win a €20 book voucher
- www.cjfallon.ie They are the publishers of some of your child’s books and you can now access the books and activities on them on this site, from the homepage go to Quick Links (top right hand corner) and click on the title of the book you are looking for. You can use the Online Book, Interactive features, Audio features, etc on the right hand side of the screen.
- www.folensonline.ie To lend a helping hand to schools and parents over the coming weeks we are giving access to all our digital resources on FolensOnline.ie. Parents and teachers can follow the steps below to get access:
- Go to FolensOnline.ie and click register
- Select Teacher
- Fill in a username, email and password
- For Roll Number use the code: Prim20
- www.borrowbox.com/ Borrow ebooks and eAudiobooks free from your library using the BorrowBox app. If you have a library card you can use that and if you don’t you can still sign up.
- www.mathplayground.com/thinkingblocks.html is a FREE site to get loads of mathematical fun activities
- www.digipuzzle.nt/main/kids FREE puzzles
- If you are on Twitter, there is a daily challenge for pupils to draw anything – just follow the link #WeWillDraw
I hope some of these links will be of use to you.
If you need to contact the school, please use our email address: email@example.com. We want to be a support to you and your children at this time so let’s stay in touch.
I would also like to thank the staff for their continued support and efforts to try and respond to this new situation we all find ourselves in.
Above all, look after each other and stay safe.
Mise le Meas,